TwoEyes

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Setting Sun Waits on No One

Time slips away fast.


I am edging the speedometer just over the limit as I race towards home. The green trees are a blur as the shiny red Toyota truck zips along towards the lake. Watching the sky...I know I'm not going to make it in time. "Dang if I just had a little more time!!" I say


I slam on the brakes hard!!!!!

In a instant...it is there and gone. A small doe deer has darted right across the highway infront of my truck. I miss it by mere inches.


So now I've missed two things. My daily sunset watching event and a small deer. Sad about one and glad about the other.


Tracie tries to hold up the sunset...just for ME!


So You ask, why are you in such a hurry just to get home?
I am anxious each and everyday to get back to our new home on the water.
I think to myself ....to Thank God!
For he has painted the sky today....just for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home