TwoEyes

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

5 lbs Sugar




We knew we were blessed with quite a few birds every year, but didn't appreciate our luck until hearing about my uncle's "one bird all summer experience."

Of coarse Tracie feeds the birds over 5 lbs. of sugar every week :^)

I pulled out the tripod and camera on the porch this evening. Wouldn't you know the lighting was not the best with the approaching tropical storm. The birds were still hungry. About 9 or 10 birds, but could only catch 5 max on digital.

These pictures are for H, Ally and the boys.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Harry said...

I sit at one computer. Ali sits at another. We are ComputerFamily.

I landed here, just like Captain Kirk materialized so easily. Wow! All of a sudden I see hummingbird facsimilies, right before my eyes.

Steady, old man.

Hey, look! I yell. She turns.

"He is rubbing it in," She says.

I count one, two...no, five birds.

"Look, he has five birds." Then I read aloud. Alicia never even turned away from her screen.

"Yep. He is rubbing it in alright."

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger James said...

Maybe rubbing just a little, but mostly just sharing our fortune. I took a short video just for you guys, but looks too large of file to email. Five was all I could catch at a time on the camera. I had to change cam setting to fast action to capture more than a blur.

Probably had close to 15 birds on both feeders buzzing back and forth ....too fast to actually count.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home