TwoEyes

Saturday, March 18, 2006

New Job

After 2+ months of hunting deer and catching lots of fish I've done the unthinkable, went and landed a job.

I went to work for Cook Composite and Polymer as of Monday March 13th. They cook resin blends to varing workability times. The resins are primarily used by fiberglass boat manufactures.

The resins and materials used to make the resins are quite flamable. Thus the need for extensive safety training on Hazmat and D.O.T. regulations. I even have to wear a respirator during some phases of my job. Other Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) required are a hard hat, steel toe boots, rubber gloves, safety glasses and sometimes goggles.

I had to shave my beard off to get a tight fit of the respirator. (daily shaving is already becoming a pain in my ass, after ONLY a full week of working at CCP.)

I wanted something different from the printing industry I've done for the last 22yrs.


I certainly found something different!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home