TwoEyes

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Whataburger

Running later than usual and on my way to work. I had to have my burger fix for the day.

I hurriedly ran into the little burger joint and ordered a #1 with cheese and a large chocolate shake. The little girl behind the counter rang up the order on the register, gave me the receipt and apologized for being out of large drink cups. Said "she'd have to get one from the storage room."

"No problem" I say.

I head over to the table to await my food and drink.

Looking around the place I notice a older women dressed in worn and dirty clothing sitting by herself at a table close to me. She probably smells I think to my self.

I glance at my watch (they better hurry up or I'm not going to have time to eat) as my attention focuses back on the young girl behind the food counter. She smiles as she heads my way with pastic orange tray loaded with burger and fries. I smile back and say "thanks, but what about my shake?"

"Oh my gosh, I forgot" she says "I went and got the cups, but didn't make your shake. Come up to the counter and I'll get you one asap"

Geeze these kids today!! I follow her to the counter as she hurriedly makes the shake. I turn around to go back to my seat and stop in my tracks. That old lady is sitting in my seat. She has my burger unwrapped and has taken several bites. WTF!!!! I go over to the table and say "HEY thats my burger your eating!!!!"

She snarles back and says "I didn't see your name on it"

I can't believe the nerve of this women! I just want to slap the shit out of her!

I go back up to the counter and tell the young girl. She says "this is the third time this week the old women has done something like this and is calling the police to come and arrest her."

I think about the hungry old women in jail and my anger suddenly leaves. I just tell the girl "to let her have the food and re-order my meal". I don't really want to be delayed by the local police either.

I turn around lean against the counter and watch the old women devoure MY FOOD. I guess she was probably starving. Must be terrible to be homeless. I see her eat the last of the food just as the girl behind me says " sir your food is ready.....again"

As I turn to go sit I notice the old women is hobbeling out the door. I sit down and look out the window. The old women is pushing a small cart with few belongings. Must be all she has to her name I think to myself.

I unwrap my cheese burger and take a large bite. Ummm thats good! The shake is half full now as I take a large swig. This is one thick creamy shake. Thinking about my uncle Harry and how he loves these shakes and whataburgers.....I grin.

I look over at the table where the old women had sat. I notice a walmart sack wadded up in the seat. The old girl must have forgot something. I scoot out of my seat and head to pick it up.

I look back out the window and there is the old women starring back at me. Oh shit!
I go and sit back at my table. Here she comes!!! She come back inside and is heading my way.
I glare at her. She isn't getting this bag!! She stole my burger to hell with her!!

She comes up to me and says" thats mine!!!"
I say "what is yours???"
"That bag" she says
"I don't see your name on it" I say

She hisses and says "I'm calling the police"
I say "call them you dumb bitch....you are not getting this bag back because you stole my burger!!!"

She is pissed! She also doesn't want the police to bust her ass either. She shakes her head and turns to walk out.

I sit holding the bag tightly against my side. I'm surprised she didn't put up more of a fight for the bag. Funny how people get what they deserve. Old battle axe!!!

Now that it is all over I guessing your wondering what was in the bag.............................................................................................................................................................................










just some of the same shit I've been feeding you....................:^)

3 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Harry said...

(groan)!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger James said...

Don't feel so bad. I fell for the bait ....hook, line and sinker also.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Chris said...

James, damn you got me. Anyways, I was wondering if you'd send me your email. This is Chris, Harry's son. I thought you might be Alma's James, but wasn't sure until I saw the "uncle Harry"...lol.

christ@prtcnet.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home