TwoEyes

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cool Programs

I am sure that there are countless programs out in cyber space that YOU think are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

My own mother, someone who thinks that computers are the biggest time wasters, that nothing and I mean nothing is worthy of staring at a computer screen for hours on end just happened to let me show her this program. http://earth.google.com/

She said ok...yea yea the aerial view of the Grand Canyon is pretty neat. Flying above the Colorado river is sweet. So then we went to Georgia (where she was born) We touched down in Daisy then skrolled down with the mouse pad until we came to the RedMill Rd. She started to get real excited.

"There is the old mill!!!" she said
then aunt Bessie's house, Uncle Charlie's property, the tree she wrecked her bike into, the cemetary where someone she knows is buried (she is in my lap now)

She says "OH My Gosh I can't believe such a thing as this even exists"

I tell her I'll show her how to google earth herself.....just get back a little.

"Ahhh not tonight son I'm tired" she says

I have finally found something on the internet that she actually thinks is worthy to spend a little time on.

If you've not experienced it for yourself.........YOU should.......atleast once....You too will be hooked!

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Harry said...

You bad boy. I went and got her hooked on Youtube -- something useful, at least.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Harry said...

I hate to be a grump (at this hour, anyway), but when I saw BETA, I knew I was in big trouble here on the computer (those fish scare the hummingbirds out of me).

You got a URL that shows a close up of the mill pond, because I want to see if the coins are still out there in the mud, or pasture, or whatever the lake has become.

Oh, that was a question, see?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home